One of the first things that I did in my project was test out different clays. I’ve been working mainly with porcelain for so long, and I love it, apart from the times that it’s awkward, but it’s great to be doing a project that makes you shake things up a bit, and try something new. Valentine Clays are really helpful with their tester packs. I wanted to try making with a more forgiving clay, that would hopefully get me to loosen up, and have some new ways of making my narrative ceramics. The really groggy clays are out, as their too rough for the detail that I want. I did try painting porcelain slips over them, but that wasn’t working. Lots and lots of tests have been going on.